My All Time Top 10!! 🎞️πŸ“½️

Since making a list is my new-found hobby, and it's interesting and challenging at the same time, I've decided to try to make a list of the movies which has influenced me, as a viewer and as a cinema enthusiast. To make things easy I've decided to make the list out of only talkies. ( Sorry Buster Keaton, Chaplin, Nosferatu and Dr. Caligari )
So, here is the list of 10 movies which has influenced me the most. 
1. The Godfather : I'd go to the mattresses for this one.
Dir : Francis Ford Coppola
2. Andrei Rublev : The only movie which I have no problem in swapping "The Godfather" with. 
Dir : Andrei Tarkovsky
3. Cinema Paradiso : Your love for movies are incomplete without this one.
Dir: Giuseppe Tornatore
4. Persona : My most favourite film from my most favourite filmmaker of all time. 
Dir : Ingmar Bergman
5. Fight Club : I prefer not to talk about it for personal reasons. πŸ˜‰
Dir : David Fincher
6. Apocalypse Now : I had to include this. No other movie has gripped me with the effects of human psychology and war, not even paths of glory and come and see.
Dir : Francis Ford Coppola
7: Rashomon : The movie which taught me that you can convey meaning to a scene even with the lighting. 
Dir : Akira Kurosawa
8. Nights of Cabiria : Giulietta Masina + Federico Fellini πŸ™Œ
Dir : Federico Fellini
9. Requiem for a Dream : The fact that I was even uncomfortable while adding this movie to the list speaks volumes about it's influence on me. 
Dir : Darren Aronofsky
10. The Travelling Players : What I believe as the magnum opus of the legendary Theo Angelopoulos. 
Dir : Theo Angelopoulos
Honourable mentions: 2001: A Space Odyssey, Oldboy, Sunset Boulevard, Viridiana, La grande bellezza, L 'Eclisse, M, The 400 blows, The Three Colours trilogy, Into the Wild, 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days.

Comments

Popular Posts