My Movies : This Decade! πŸŽ₯

I have always enjoyed making improbable lists. Especially those related to movies. It gives me a sense of satisfaction in many ways. The way I reflect "my cinema", the challenge of choosing one over many, which often leaves me surprised at my own choices and how the tiniest things have influenced my choice, which I might not have realized up until that moment. So, this time I'm going for a list of the movies which influenced me in the last decade. Rating the best is always relative. Each movie may influence different people in different ways. Hence, I will try to compile a list of movies which has influenced me, rather than trying to put on a list for the "best" in popular opinion. Also, to give myself a bit of breathing space, I have decided to bring the list to the top 3 from each year of last decade, barring the current year. 
Intrigued with the complexity of making such a list, here I welcome you to take a look at my favorite movies from the last decade. 
2010:
1. Incendies
Dir: Denis Villeneuve 
2. Shutter Island
Dir: Martin Scorsese
3. Inception
Dir: Christopher Nolan
Close ones: Black Swan, The Social Network, The  Illusionist, Biutiful.
2011:
1. The Tree of Life
Dir: Terrence Malick
2. The Girl with the dragon tattoo
Dir: David fincher
3. A Separation
Dir: Asghar Farhadi 
Close ones: Moneyball, The Artist, Take Shelter, Shame
2012:
1. Amour
Dir: Michael Haneke
2. Argo
Dir: Ben Affleck
3. Moonrise Kingdom
Dir: Wes Anderson
Close ones : Skyfall, Django Unchained, The Dark Knight Rises, Lincoln.
2013:
1. La Grande Bellezza
Dir: Paolo Sorrentino
2. Dallas Buyers Club
Dir: Jean-Marc VallΓ©e
3. Gravity
Dir: Alfonso Cuaron
Close ones: The Great Gatsby, Her, 12 years a slave, Blue is the warmest color, Short term 12
2014:
1. Boyhood 
Dir: Richard Linklater
2. Interstellar
Dir: Christopher Nolan
3. Birdman
Dir: Alejandro Inarritu
Close ones: Gone girl, Force majeure, Whiplash, The Grand Budapest Hotel.
2015:
1. Spotlight
Dir: Tom McCarthy
2. Room
Dir: Lenny Abrahamson
3. The Martian
Dir: Ridley Scott
Close ones: Inside out, The Revenant, Carol, The Big Short.
2016:
1. Manchester by the sea
Dir: Kenneth Lonergan
2. Nocturnal animals
Dir: Tom Ford
3. American Honey
Dir: Andrea Arnold
Close ones: Moonlight, Silence, Hell or High water, Arrival.
2017:
1. Three billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri
Dir: Martin McDonagh
2. Blade runner 2049
Dir: Denis Villeneuve
3. Mother!
Dir: Darren Aronofsky
Close ones: Dunkirk, The Florida project, The Disaster Artist, A Ghost Story.
2018:
1. Roma
Dir: Alfonso Cuaron
2. Cold war
Dir: Pawel Pawlikowski
3. First Reformed
Dir: Paul Schrader
Close ones: Capernaum, The Rider, Lean on Pete, Hereditary.

Comments

Popular Posts